Glass fibre route planning – FTTH
Automated fibre route planning reduces costs and accelerates FTTH roll-out
What does mundialis offer for fibre optic network design?
Our software solution automates planning in a roll-out area from aerial photos to potential fibre routes. We support your planning with:
- consulting and procurement of geodata in general
- cloud-based geo data processing using our actinia solution
- evaluation and provision of geodata derivatives from OpenStreetMap, openNRW data (and much more)
In view of the planning process, we offer:
- optimal route search on the basis of various input data (surface use, road, ALKIS data etc.)
- determination of exclusion areas for paths, distribution boxes etc. based on rules
- creation of surface data from aerial photos (e. g. for route optimization)
- optimal distribution of the distribution boxes
- visibility analyses for the placement of network distribution boxes (e. g. for monument protection requirements etc.)
Benefits and features
Discover the benefits and features of our software: Our automated fibre routing software is packed with features designed to make your life easier.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Efficiency: Our software automates the planning of a rollout area, reducing manual work and accelerating FTTH deployment.
- Cost savings: By optimising route finding and cabinet placement, our software helps you reduce unnecessary costs.
- Data support: We offer geodata consultancy and procurement, as well as cloud-based geodata processing using our actinia solution.
- Flexibility: Our software can handle various input data such as land use, roads, ALKIS data and more, giving you the flexibility you need in planning.
- Visibility analyses: We offer visibility analysis for the placement of network cabinets, ensuring optimal placement even in challenging scenarios such as heritage requirements.
Remember, our goal is to make fibre planning as easy and efficient as possible. With our software, you don’t just get a tool, you get a partner in your fibre network design journey.
Read more: “From aerial photography to route planning” (PDF) – Lecture slides FOSSGIS 2019